To Register Interest or for further details - email@example.com
The Wine & Spirits Education Trust Level Two course is an internationally recognised beginner to intermediate-level qualification exploring wines, suitable for industry professionals and wine enthusiasts.
Taught by Alex Stevenson the founder of TheDrinkSchool. He is a WSET Diploma holder and Certified Educator as well as a Beer Academy Sommelier.
Alex has trained hundreds of students over the years, both to achieve formal WSET wine and spirit qualifications making sure his students are fully informed and prepared for their exams, as well as delivering training or events in a more informal relaxed setting.
Alex makes sure to entertain whilst generating his students' interest and passion to give them a greater appreciation of the subject.
The course is taught over 2 days (Dates TBC) with the exam at the end of day 2.
What you'll learn
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties:
- Pinot Grigio/Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- The style and quality of wines:
- made from 22 regionally important grape varieties
- produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of:
- Sparkling wines
- Fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing